Friday 30 August 2013

Lists

Things I have often had to say:
-"I don't speak Icelandic. But I do speak Danish, if that would help."
-"No, we don't have WiFi."
-"Yes, the showers are warm."
-"Thank you, for bringing the dog back from the middle of the road." (Though actually it's not our dog).
-"Yes, that is the phone I use." (See picture in a previous post).


Strange things I have said:
-"Sorry, I can't sell you that plate."
-"So, you're going to send the false teeth back in an old tea box?"
-"No, I don't know if you're allowed to camp on the beach."

Talents I never knew I had:
-I can carry sixteen pillows at once
-I can cook numerous meals with very few ingredients (though admittedly most of them were rather boring)

A strange fact:
-Sheep can, in fact, get over the cattle grids, making them completely useless

An infuriating fact:
-Two guides (there are often large groups staying) showed me pictures of northern lights that I'd missed. Each guide showed pictures from a different night






No comments:

Post a Comment